Here at Wessington Dental we offer Dental Implants.
Dental Implants are a bespoke treatment to each individual. Why not ring one of our Patient Experience team today on 0191 5498888 and book your free consultation.
We will provide you with our own personal treatment plan tailored to your needs and if needed, we have 0% Finance options available.
Contact us HERE to find out more and make an appointment.
Are dental implants right for you?
If you answer ‘Yes’ to any of the the following questions then you may be a suitable candidate for dental implant treatment:
- Do you have one or more missing teeth?
- Are you unhappy with having gaps in your smile?
- Do you dislike wearing dentures or find dentures uncomfortable?
- Are you unhappy with the appearance of your smile as a result of missing teeth?
- Are your teeth coming loose or severely decayed or damaged?
- Are your dentures causing you problems such as pain and irritation?
- Do you feel uncomfortable wearing dentures in public?
- Do you suffer from a lack of confidence as a result of wearing dentures?
- Are you looking for a long-term solution to missing teeth?
- Has your speech been affected by having missing teeth?
- Are you unable to taste food properly due to wearing dentures?
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are special posts, which are surgically placed into the jaw below the gum line. Implants are the gold standard to either replace missing teeth or to support a denture. The implant functions as the root of a tooth and depending on the number of implants placed, they can be used to replace everything from a single tooth to a full set of teeth.
What materials are used in a Dental Implant?
The most common material used for a dental implant is pure titanium. As titanium is inert the body accepts it as part of itself and new bone grows on the surface integrating it with your own bone.
What are the benefits of having a Dental Implant placed?
Implants can be used to replace missing teeth even when a bridge is not an option. Dental implants can provide a more stable base for a denture, particularly in the lower jaw,or for making the transition from failing teeth to an implant-supported bridge.
Also dental implants help to preserve and maintain healthy jawbone in the area of the missing tooth or teeth. With proper home care and maintenance, dental implants can restore your smile and chewing ability for a lifetime.
What happens with Implants?
Following a small surgical procedure to place the implant, it is then left to heal for about 8 weeks. This allows the titanium implant to become integrated with the bone cells of your jaw. It can then be uncovered and impressions taken so that individual replacement teeth are then screwed into each of the implants, or if more teeth are to be replaced then a bridge or a full arch of teeth is attached to the implants.
If you’re a dentist and would like to refer a patient. Please click on the link below.